Welcome to PAÑÑĀ Online School Forum

General English Pre-Intermediate (Batch-2)

U Oakkar Thin
U Oakkar Thin
16/10/2020 18:03
Reply : 30
View Count: 862

Write a short story about which you have heard of when you were young. Use Past tense, Past continuous tense and Past perfect tense. (Unit 9)

Aung Pyae Phyo
Aung Pyae Phyo
24/10/2020 10:19

The heart of a Champion Life at the place was a dream come true for Cinderella and she took care to share her good fortune with every she loved. This included her dear old house, frou who had been her faithful friend since she was a child. One day, Cinderella was visiting frou in the royal stable when her mouse friends, Jaq and Gus ran up to tell her that a messenger had arrived at the palace. Cinderella said good-bye to frou and the other houses and hurried to hear the new. Cinderella arrived at the castle just in time to heard the Grand Duke read the invitation aloud. Dear King he began. You and your family are here by invited to attend this years annual "Royal International Horse Show”, to be held exactly one week from today. Please choose one member from your royal house hold to represent you in the competition. You know your Majesty, the Grand Duke said every year you enter the competition and every year you come in last. I have an idea. Every year I enter the competition. "You know father,” the price spoke up, there"s no finer horsewoman in the kingdom than Cinderella. I think she should represent us. The king said in suprise. He rubbed his chin thoughtfully, then he smile. That, he declared is on excellent idea. The king was leading her out of the palace and back to the royal stable. Well choose the best of the best, and you can begin training right away. The king ordered his groomsmen to saddle up his fanciest horses, all one hundred and twenty two of them and bring them out to the courtyard for Cinderella to see. Within minutes, there was a row of regal steeds lined up as far as the eye could see. Cinderella climbed onto the back of the first horse. She knew the stallion was on of the king"s personal favourites. But he was just a bit too small. "Next” the next horse, however was too big and neither was the next one or the next one. Finally "I will be right back,” she called to the king and the prince and the Grand Duke. I know the perfect horse. Moments later, Cinderella returned, leading frou. The old horse was a bit bewildered to find himself on display before the king. The king stared at Cinderella and frou in disbelief. "What"s this?” he demanded. "Why, this is a horse!” Cinderella replied with a laugh. She rubbed frou"s shoggy mane. The best horse in the kindom in fact. "My dear,”said the king, turning up his noise. "Frou may he old, ”said Cinderella, "but he was the heart of a champion,”. "Come on, frou,” she told him. "Let"s show them what you have got”. But the first thing frou did was trip over a nearby water through. Frou hung his head. "Don"t worry, Cinderella said to the king and frou. "By next week, we will be ready Ok”. Every day for a week, Cinderella and frou trained for hours. But frou kept making mistakes. No matter how sweetly Cinderella urged him, he missed every jump. At lost, it was the night before the royal horse show. Don"t worry”, Cinderella told frou, but frou did not seem to believe her. The next day at the horse show, Cinderella saw more fine horses than she ever had before. They looke like champions but so did frou. The king himself could heardly believe. Frou clearned every jump with ease and never took awkward step or a wrong turn. Cinderella knew more better. In the end, there was no questions about who belonged in the winner's circle. Cinderella smilled at frou and I knew you win. "You know, the king told the Grand Duke,” I had a special feeling about that frou all along.

Ni Ni Mar
Ni Ni Mar
22/10/2020 21:51

As a child, I didn’t listen so many stories. Some were got from my grandmother. However, I haven’t remembered the whole story now. Perhaps, I was such a kind of kid who was not interested in stories like others. What I was interested in was traditional cultures and beauties of the Burmese people and books when I was a child. I heard most of them from my neighbor, an old lady, she is from the Upper Myanmar. In Myanmar, there are so many different habits and cultures depending on the ethnics and their places. She is very knowledgeable about them and she is very good at telling someone to understand. Among her telling, I still remember until today is about a beautiful lady which was a suspense, true story of greed. In Myanmar, when we have donations, the beautiful ladies are chosen for holding the “ Kyan Taung”. The most popular is called “Phat Sein Kyan Taung”. Every girls dream to hold it. Even though, it is too much rules and regulations to be a “ Phat Sein Kyan Taung Kine”. This chosen girl has to be perfect in all personal situations. Her parent have to be single merriment and they are alive and surely she has to be good at all her personal behaviors. Therefore, that kind of girl will get the excellent chance of “Phat Sein Kyan Taung Kine”. All the young and beautiful ladies were keen on to get it in the country sides long time ago. When going back to the story, the lady, she was the most beautiful and perfect for the Phat Sein Kyan Taung’s rules and regulations except from her parent’s marriage status. Holding the Phat Sein Kyan Taung was her dream. She believed that she missed the chance due to her parent situation. Thus she decided that when she got her own children girl, she had to be “Phat Sein Kyan Taung Kine”. Her dream came true, she got a daughter and she was perfect to be. However, at that time, Myanmar’s political situation wasn’t good with student strikes. Her husband was from the town and came to her village as a teacher. When the strike was happened, he involved. He left his family for his political believing. Again her hope disappeared. She felt frustrated, heartbroken, disappointed and unsatisfied about all her situation and she felt that her dream was nothing at that time. At the end, due to the several her bad feelings, she suicided. Later, I had got a book which is about that story named in “ Ma Eain Kan” written by Author Khin Khin Htoo. Before l, I had heard that story from my neighbor,the old lady as first time. I have never forgot about that true traditional story and feel inexpressible sad feeling for her whenever I think about it. And, noted that people have their own sensitive.

Khin Myint Zaw
Khin Myint Zaw
22/10/2020 12:52

My name is Khin Myint Zaw. I had heard many short stories since I was young. I very like listening to stories. So I used to make my sister tell something bedtime. One all my favourite story is "Snow White" . The author of this story is Wilhelm Grimm. This story was written in 1812. It was written in Germany. Original language is German. Genre of story was children's literature. Snow White is a 19th century German fairy tale that is today know widely across the western world. The Brother Grimm published it in 1812 in the first edition of their collection Grimm's fairy tale and numbered as tale 53. The original German title was Sncewittchen , a low German from , but the first version gave the high German translation. However, the snow white story is a world famous story. This story is still very popular today. Almost everyone likes it. Children are most favourite this story. Therefore, I was young I liked it. Every girls wants to be like the Princess in the story. I was one of them. I too wanted to be the Princess in this story. Sometimes, I dreamed because there was Snow White Princess in my dream . But that didn't happen in real life. I am crazy. I thought back to myself and laughed.

AyeMyatThuzar
AyeMyatThuzar
21/10/2020 09:42

When I was young ,I used to listen to a lot of fairy tales ,moral and bedtime stories. So,I heard many stories from my mother and grandfather when I was growing up as a child.Some of those were funny, exciting, interesting and other were sad or thought-provoking. However,I'd like to share a short story here,told me by mother ,which was about Ma Pu May and A Small Snail. The story is a sort of captivating and inspiring story.It was when I was depressed in the dumps and disorientated in my life that my mother told me the story,which made me a great deal of motivation to keep on studying.The story goes like -once upon at time,there was a girl who name was Ma Pu May.She was a kind of lazybones and stupid.Besides,she never wanted to try hard and study lessons.Furthermore,she regarded by herself that she wasn't clever enough to be an outstanding or brilliant student.But ,one day,at school,their teacher announced a statement that there was a long paragraph and tomorrow each one has to read it loud by heart ,if one could do it,one would get a special gift .All of the students wanted it ,so was she. When she got home,she went to the garden to read it.As soon as she started to try to remember the paragraph,it made me difficult and she began to feel down.While she was staring a tree,she saw a small snail trying to climb up the tree. It made her keep watching and it attempted to go up the tree many times. After trying many times,the snail reached the branch of the tree.Then,she had noticed that the situation of snail was similar to her and which had made her get an idea even if no matter how much failures there were,trying to reach the goal was the most important thing,not giving up.So,she did learn by heart many times until midnight and at that day,she was the one who read it all out correctly and exactly in the class.And at last ,she got the special gift. Anyway,I still remember this story because it actually gave me a priceless lesson that all of the people all over the word have to face and overcome obstacles,hardships and learn life - lessons from them.Besides,it also guided me to be more persistent and not to be lazy if I really wanted to do something that I'd love to.

Nyein Htet Aung
Nyein Htet Aung
20/10/2020 09:16

I have heard many story in my childhood life. Some are from my aunt and other are from books.There are many kinds of stories.Most of them are unreal but some are based on the real condition of that time.But they are remaining in the past.We can learn and get experiences from that stories even we haven't see that. So I want to greet a short story named for''A rat that knows gratefulness.''One day,a lion was sleeping deeply in piece and quiet and a rat went out to forage his food.Unfortunately,while he was looking for his food,he got up through that lion's body and the lion woke up.In time to time,the lion had lost his cool and got break out.He arrested that rat in his big right hand and said to rat ''I am going to eat you."The rat got so scared and he apologised that not to make such a foolish thing more again.And he also promised that"One day,I will get back a gratefulness to you,if you free me this time'' The lion got interested and unbelievable because it is impossible that a small rat could help a big lion.But he had wanted to feel him and got free.One other day,lion was arresting in the trap made with many strong string.Soon the rat had come and bit each string patiently.From each string to more,finally,the lion was completely free from the trap. What do we get from this short story?So,don't underrate the person who are small and young.Qualification can't be decided by ages,body appearances and big,small.So when you are young,don't be lazy. Wake up and join with the world.